Sunday 8 June 2008

The Jam - Buckle Hits Back At Weller

THE JAM drummer RICK BUCKLE has slammed his former bandmate PAUL WELLER for his scathing comments about the band's reunion.

Last month (May08), the singer accused Buckler and bassist Bruce Foxton of tarnishing the band's legacy by forming new group From The Jam to mark the 25th anniversary of its split.

In an interview with Mojo magazine, Weller said he "couldn't give a f**k if he never saw Rick ever again".

But Buckler says he was stunned by the comments, because the pair have not spoken to each other in years.

He says, "I don't understand the spleen-venting. It is totally out of the blue and I was shocked by it.

"In the Jam days, we were quite a unified force. We had to be. I don't know why he's got it in for me - we haven't spoken since 1983. You can understand my bemusement. The Jam was a band, it wasn't just Paul Weller."




See Also